The New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)– Vancouver campus M.B.A. Advantage: Giving Students the Tools They Need to Succeed in the 21st-Century Global Marketplace
The New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) School of Management’s transformational M.B.A. program reflects a best-practices approach to quality management education. “Reflective of MiM [Master’s in Management] programs emerging in the United States and prevalent in Europe, Asia, and Australia, our M.B.A. program provides a cutting-edge learning experience that rivals those of the world’s most innovative business schools,” says School of Management Dean Jess Boronico. The program’s unique features include:• Scope of Coverage: A unique modular structure, including 12 1.5-credit courses and one 3-credit capstone (supplemented by electives or concentration courses) increases the scope of coverage, allowing students to see the whole picture.
• Incremental Knowledge: The curriculum is designed to advance a student’s depth of knowledge by excluding material that overlaps with the undergraduate experience. This approach results in graduates whose knowledge and exposure surpass that of students in traditional M.B.A. programs; for students without a business background, the school also offers a portfolio of business foundation courses that can be completed prior to enrolling in the M.B.A. program core.
• Taxonomy: The program’s emphasis on advanced level conceptual foundations and analytical skill development prepares students to enter the workforce and advance rapidly toward higher-order decision-making positions.
• Leadership: The M.B.A. program has a goal of ensuring that graduates can “lead effectively, especially in an uncertain business environment.” This is facilitated by case studies, co-curricular seminars and workshops on personal development and leadership, and team exercises.
• Diversity: Attracting students from more than 100 nations and delivering its curriculum worldwide in English, the program ensures the significant consideration of global perspectives. Moreover, the curriculum is contextualized so that localized business priorities form the context of the course content.
Approved in New York and offered in Vancouver under the written consent of the Ministry of Advanced Education in British Columbia, NYIT’s Vancouver program offers small class sizes and flexible class schedules that accommodate working professionals. Students receive personal attention from outstanding professors with hands-on experience from the business sector. NYIT, with its presence in the Atlantic and Pacific gateways, gives students opportunities to become competitive in today’s global economy and knowledgeable about local and regional business practices and challenges.
• M.B.A. degree can be completed in less than two years.
• Innovative, technology-oriented and interdisciplinary curriculum.
• Undergraduate degree from any discipline accepted.
• Opportunities to study in the U.S., Canada, China, and the United Arab Emirates.
• Campus is located in the heart of the downtown Vancouver business district.
• International students are eligible for both off-campus (max. 20 hours per week) as well as post-graduation work permit (up to three years).
• Customized course scheduling fits the needs of all students.
• Students are eligible to apply for waiveable courses.
• Academic scholarships are available for qualified students.
• Financial aid is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
• Internship and practicum courses are offered.
• Career services are available on campus and after graduation (lifetime).
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) has 13,000 students attending campuses on Long Island and Manhattan, online, and at its global campuses. Led by President Edward Guiliano, NYIT is guided by its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, offer access to opportunity to all qualified students, and support applications-oriented research that benefits the larger world. To date, more than 95,000 graduates have received degrees from NYIT. For more information about the NYIT-Vancouver campus, visit nyit.edu/Canada, email email@example.com or call 604.639.0942.